Sunday, January 13, 2008

Atonement receives Globe for Best Sex Scene

Atonement scores Best Original Score (pun very much intended) and Best Motion Picture (Drama). Was crossing my fingers for a Joe Wright win for Best Director, but I suppose that was too much to ask for. Sweeney also scored doubly with Best Motion Picture (Musical/Comedy) and Best Actor (Musical/Comedy)--yesss. Johnny.

I saw it coming:
The Atonement wins
Daniel Day-Lewis (heard the raves)
Julie Christie (same)
Ratatouille (...same)
Extras (brilliant)
Jeremy Piven (does he ever not win?)
Samantha Morton (is she never not awesome?)

Totally surprised me in a good way:
Tina Fey's win for 30 Rock
Queen Latifah for Life Support (what the heck even is that? Okay...)
Jim Broadbent (wish he was my dad, sorry Dad)
Cate Blanchett (I guess I should have seen it coming)
Johnny Depp (ditto. I mean, he was singing to knives)

Things that are apparently awesome that I have still never heard of:
Mad Men?
Longford?

For a full list of winners and nominees, check out IMDb.

Hope for an Best Original Song Oscar nomination for any song from Enchanted. Amy Adams singing live? My heart would go on...

That was bad.

No comments: