Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Addicted to Gossip


Yup. I've discovered Gossip Girl. Thank you, Adela. And it is now occupying my days and nights. Love love love it. And love love love the boys in it!

Top 5 things I love about Gossip Girl:
1) The gorgeous Penn Badgley, whose Brooklynness snags the Upper Crust heart of formerly-skanky Miss Serena van der Woodsen.
2) The phoenomenal shots of Manhattan, especially the ones that show the entirety of Central Park from above.
3) Fourteen-year-old Taylor Momsen's naughty-yet-nice Jenny Humphrey. Does she really know better?
4) The sleazy, slick Chuck Bass, played by twenty-year-old Ed Westwick. I wish I could be one of his conquests. Also, I heard that he's actually British. Hot.
5) The hipster soundtrack that successfully undertones the sexy rebellions that go down in every episode. We have Alexandra Patsavas, who supervised the music for The O.C. and still does so for Grey's Anatomy, to thank for that.

Top 5 things that I think Gossip Girl could do without:
1) Blair Waldorf's one black friend and one Asian friend. Too obvious, CW.
2) Blair Waldorf's Serena-obsessed Nate mate, played by Carrie Underwood's very own Chace Crawford. He's so boring and thoughtless, I often forget that he's in the show.
3) That one episode covering "Ivy Week." Oh-em-gee, DARTMOUTH and YALE and BROWN, oh my! Give me a break. Like we've seen any scenes about SATs and homework and in-class essays. Ivy League schools are clearly NOT on these people's agendas.
4) Kristen Bell's narration. Love the lady, but I find her sugary-sweet "I told you so" voiceovers annoying. I know that the narration is a shout-out to the "title character," but come on...I bet we could do without.
5) The WGA strike. I need more episodes!

Oh, and some Gossip gossip:

Apparently, Blake Lively, who plays Serena, and major hottay Penn are "dating quietly" in real life. Don't know how I feel about that. (Read: he should be single. It's more fun for me.) Also not sure how I feel about the scarf he's wearing in the picture to the left. And surely you've heard about Blake Lively's nose job?

You know you love me.
xoxoxo.

Source: Gossip Girl Report, NY Daily News

1 comment:

adela said...

the nose job is news to me! that's kind of shocking. and disillusioning. just like that AWFUL real-life pic i told you about. but she is a tootal stud on the show, and post-rhino (that's a new abbreviation i just came up with).

and, i LOVE kristen bell's narration. i also love kristen bell. maybe that's why.